Age: 42 years
Total models: 20
Active models: 2
Discontinued models: 18
Cagiva has been in the motorcycle industry since the year 1978 and is highly regarded for its excellent balance of performance, control and style. This make of bikes have proved their excellence in the fiercest tracks of the world such as 500 cc GP and the ruthless world of motocross. The motorbikes of the Cagiva Company effectively incorporate lofty technology in each model and the bikes are crafted to perfection. Cagiva technology delivers superior performance with enhanced control.
- Giovanni Castiglioni founds Cagiva, the company produces metal components
- Company moves into motorcycle industry producing 125cc to 350cc
- Sourcing of Ducati four stroke v-twin to extend range from 350cc to 1000cc
- Bought trademark for MV Agusta
- Sold Ducati and Moto Morini
- Strategic restructuring with MV Agusta as main brand
- Harley Davidson buys MV Agusta
- Cagiva is bought back by Claudio Castiglioni, the son of the founder
- Final Mito model due to emission regulations
- Mercedes-Benz buys 25% share and markets bikes under AMG brand
- Black Ocean Group provides finances to get the company out of debt
Frequently Asked Questions
Where does the name cagiva come from?
The name is derived from CAstiglioni GIovanni VArese
Does Cagiva still operate?
Cagiva is a brand name, so while the is no -Cagiva- as such the same bikes are being produced and distributed as MV Agusta.