Moto Guzzi Motorcycles
Age: 99 years
Total models: 51
Active models: 11
Discontinued models: 40
Motorcycles from the Moto Guzzi Motorcycle Company are known as the official motorcycles of Italy. They have been around since 1921 and during the early years, Moto Guzzi manufactured high performance horizontal single cylinder motorbikes. They were also the first company to research, develop and create "swing arm" style rear suspension. One of the main features that set Moto Guzzi apart from other bikes of their class was the use of a unique integrated hydraulic braking system. Their engine is actually bullet proof and quite reliable. Moto Guzzi has a high performance percentage, is trouble free and makes riding a pleasure. Nothing can be compared to the thrill of riding one of these attractive Moto Guzzi bikes.
- founded in Mandello del Lario
- Double victory in Isle of Man TT
- formally incorporated as Moto Guzzi S.p.A.
- First of 5 consecutive 350cc world championship
- Carlo Guzzi dies in November
- SEIMM (Società Esercizio Industrie Moto Meccaniche) takes ownership
- Alejandro de Tomaso purchases Moto Guzzi along with Benelli and Maserati
- Release of the 850 Le Mans
- Moto Guzzi bought by Piaggio